Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am wanting to find a lawyer to assist me in advising me…

Customer Question
I am wanting to...

I am wanting to find a lawyer to assist me in advising me about the legal issues of starting up a volunteer program. I need someone who is happy to work with me pro bono as this is a not for profit project

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The project is in early planning stages

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/5/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

Your best best is to contact your closest community legal centre.

Here is their link

http://www.communitylaw.org.au/

There is also the probono centre

http://www.probonocentre.org.au/legal-help/not-for-profit-organisation/

Both should be able to assist you with what you want.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards

well I found those on the internet myself so I don't believe your advice is very helpful really sorry that doesn't help me find a lawyer willing to do pro bono work
don't worry im not able to pay for this

I can only give you details of parties I know that can assist.

I have used both before for clients setting up charities and they have been very helpful

I will request you get a refund.

All the best and good luck with it.

Regards