Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I recently went through a separation case with my ex

Customer Question
I recently went through...

I recently went through a separation case with my ex husband. The reason I am writing this is to enquire about some of the lawyers costs. I was charged in excess of $10,000 for scanning *866 pages this is with a $3000 discount.

Lawyer's Assistant: After your first paid question, we offer a week's free trial membership when you can ask as many questions as you like.

I was inquiring whether the lawyer was obliged to send me copies of all my ex husbands financial statements even though at no time did I request these.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Vic

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes the query was made

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/5/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

have you asked for an itemised bill of costs from the lawyer yet ?