Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My daughters ex was asked to leave because he exposes his 3…

Customer Question
My daughters ex was...

My daughters ex was asked to leave because he exposes his 3 sons aged 5, 8 and 10 to R and R+ rated games and movies at least 8 hours of the day. He has requested increasing visiting weekends and weeks. the children have been devastatingly effected. I feel he has bullied my daughter through the court system. He takes hours to analyse with negotiations. This process has now taken at least 18 months. He wasn't willing for a psychiatrist for help for the children and then when he agreed he sacked the psychiatrist (rudely). He seems to be a narcissist and doesn't want to financially or emotionally support his children. He reports to the courts absolute lies. He has verbally and emotionally abused my daughter (I have seen him in action) We seem to have nothing to stand on and just continually get told that his demands have to been given into. The children show physical and emotional trauma after their stay with him. The psychiatrist has written about the gross images the children are subjected to and that this affects their sleep and emotional stability. Neither the lawyer or the barrister seems to be able to do anything except advise that this is the law. You have to hand your children over to this abuse.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And has the behavior been documented in any way?

This is South Australia. The documentation comes through a letter written by the psychiatrist to postpone a visit with the father. The father has been reported to Child abuse twice. When they call the father he just states that he doesn't show these movies and play the games. My daughter has kept a diary of the abusive phone calls and reactions of the children but all seems to be worthless

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Our lawyer although understanding and calls these men (the ex and his father as bullies) says she just has to go according to the law and that the father will just get his rights. He plays the system with child support and has recently told my daughter " I don't give a shit about my son's secondary education" and then tells the courts she doesn't allow him to be involved and prevents him from getting information. Personally I am so tired of the effort my daughter puts into getting her sons adjusted to ordinary life. They have been so affected by the use of these games and movies. Does anybody care that 3 year olds are subjected to such violence and moral degradation to women and the effect this has on the minds of children?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How can you put years of abuse and emotional and psychological abuse in words? How do you get the courts to see that we are sacrificing our children because there are some who are so good at lying. The father of the ex was in a senior position in the South Australian police force and although retired now he is an expert in bullying. Is there someway to help my daughter and her 3 sons.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/4/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

have you considered the option of filing a family protection order (AVO) yet ?