Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My question is this. If I am in court, and make an agreement…

Customer Question
My question is this. ...

My question is this.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

If I am in court, and make an agreement for childrens matters, and the Judge is a witness of that verbal agreement, but then I back out and change my mind when putting consent orders in place - am i legally bound to the original agreement as it was only verbal

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only what I have asked thanks great thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/4/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

this is a good question.

if the judge as issued orders on that basis you will be bound.

if the judge as not issued orders you will not be bound to sign the agreement.

where there any orders issued by the court ?

The court didn't issue orders but told us the terms of consent orders, and what should be, and asked if we agreed to this, and then told us to go and do consent orders according to those terms

Would you like to discuss this matter on the telephone ? I have extended a special offer to you if you prefer.

Its a pretty basic question - just a yes or no answer will be fine thanks mate

as there was no written ''orders' then you are not bound by the agreement.

does this answer your important family law question today ?

awesome thanks mate

you are welcome.

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this will allow me to continue to answer your important questions.