Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am having some difficulties in my workplace and want to…

Customer Question
Hi, I am having...

Hi, I am having some difficulties in my workplace and want to know if a termnation payment is somthing that can be explored?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

In short, I have not been managed in over two years, all of a sudden I am a bad employee based on here say I have never been given facts or written examples of the problems, I have today been given a second written warning for voicing an opinion as they say that is a behavioral problem in me, I have asked for a transfer to another team is the opinion I voice, I am on a PIP for these alleged "behavioural problems" and have failed the PIP for voicing my opinion

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I am a permanent part time admin officer in Hobart Tas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That is the short story, I have been accused of spreading a rumor which I never did, I asked a question to the person, I have been denied the opportunity to increase my hours or do more work in other areas

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/4/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

termination payment will be dependent on your contract.

do you have a copy of your employment contract ?

based on your comments you may have a counter claim of bullying as well.

have you considered this point yet ?

The thought had crossed my mind, I have a data sheet of how I have been made to feel for the duration of my time here, particularly the latter part where I have been blindsided by all this negative feedback and formal processes

raising a claim may be brought.

Would you like to discuss this matter on the telephone ? I have extended a special offer to you if you prefer.

I am currently still in the office, the time is not right but I certainly need some help

ok, when you are free after work you are welcome to call me.

when you are ready just accept the offer and my numbers will display for you.