Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

A second hand mobility scooter was purchased for $2500 no…

Customer Question
A second hand...

A second hand mobility scooter was purchased for $2500 no warranty. Battery did not hold charge from first week of purchase. Is there any onus on the seller?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. I'm enquiring on behalf of a cousin to see if she has any rights. The shop concerned asked her not to contact them as they will contact her. That was a few days ago. She has been left stranded at local shops or had to recharge battery at shopping centre.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/4/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

Did you buy it from a store or private?

hi, it was a store, I just wanted to know if she has any comeback. I do not want to be spending money. Thanks

Good Afternoon

There may be no warranty but if they advertised it as it had no problems with the battery then she has an action.

Does she recall what she was told by the shop assistant when she bought it?

Had she asked about the battery etc? This is all important

Thank you no further questions or action required

Good Afternoon

I am happy to be of assistance. All the best and good luck

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards