Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am a Permanent Resident - applied for spouse visa in

Customer Question
I am a Permanent...

I am a Permanent Resident - applied for spouse visa in Australia. Married for 8 years and now just separated from my husband. i am applying for a tourist visa to travel overseas. Will the separation affect my PR status? I assume I need to inform Immigration of the separation? Thank you.

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Permanent Resident in Australia. Not sure what USCIS is but no pending applications anywhere

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not about the visa

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, just want to know if there is a fee for this service?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/3/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

Your PR will not be affected by the separation.

And you do not need to inform the immigration department.

Does this answer your important question today ?