Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Can you assist in writing a letter of appeal for denial of…

Customer Question
Can you assist in...

Can you assist in writing a letter of appeal for denial of isolated patient travel

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Queensland, i was denied travel assistance because I had an operation by a specialist hand doctor in Brisbane and did not go to a local orthopedic doctor in central queensland, the operation was a joint replacement in my finger

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No just notified that Isolated Patients was denied due to ortho surgeon being available in the area.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just wanted to know how to word the appeal to be lodged with the local hospital.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/3/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

I can have a look at it and give you ideas but I cannot write it for you.

This is assistance from Centrelink?

Has your doctor written a report to confirm that you need the assistance and given reasons?