Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Love regrading aholiday i book with travelalot in june for…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** regrading aholiday i book with travelalot in june for my 70th birthday for oct 29th 2 weeks before leaving they canceled they had a issue because technical reasons i have not receive any refund of $1,960

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

Qld 14th & 15th june 2017

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Many times to travelalot

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/3/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

If the booking was cancelled by the supplier of the trip then you are entitled to a full refund.

Are they based in Australia?

You can send them a letter of demand setting out the issues and how they terminated the contract and you want a refund.

You attach copies of all correspondence and the booking and request that they refund you in 14 days or you will start proceedings.

Depending on the state you are in will determine the court you do to.

You are also entitled to charge interest on the money they have not refunded from the date they terminated the contract.

If you wish to discuss this in more detail I am happy to call you if you elect a call. This is a further fee of $82.00

Also happy to continue here.

Let me know what state you are in and I will also send you a link for the procedure to follow.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards

I note you have asked the question 3 further times for a second opinion

You have been charged 4 times for the question.

I thought you would like to know.

In relation to this post can you please provide me with the information I have requested?

Thank you