Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

What does it mean The percentage testing report does not…

Customer Question
What does it mean...

What does it mean The percentage testing report does not meet the requirements of the Family Law Act 1975

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Reason I am asking my grandson Aziah thought he was the father of a 11 week old baby until a solicitors letter was the genetic DNA the mother had was that Aziah was not the father Is it reasonable to do more testing. Thank you Queensland and it was done in NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No only received the papers yesterday from a neighbour in the street 15 which should have gone to no 66. Monday I will see her but it was to go to the federal Court in Brisbane next Wednesday and we are in Hervey Bay

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/2/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

there are various ways to determine parentage, DNA is only one of the ways.

has a claim be raised against Aziah for child support ?

No only that he has been with the mother from day one she played up and he thought he was the father and our family supported her through up to now and Aziah wants contact as our family does. He took the baby from a violent situating and the police said to not take him back to the mother but she went to a Federal court over night and had a recovery order after 6 days. Aziah had a DVO for 5 years on her for himself and the baby and now now she has the baby and now has had the DNA done

Would you like to discuss this matter on the telephone ? I have extended a special offer to you if you prefer as this way you can discuss in detail with me the issues.