Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I recently started communicating via email with a lovely…

Customer Question
I recently started communicating...

I recently started communicating via email with a lovely girl from China over the internet. We met on a dating stie called CupidofLove. We have grown closer through our communication and she plans to come and visit me in Australia in either March or April 2018 allowing for work comittments. She works in China as an economist. Should we decide, after metting, to progress our relationship further what should I be weary of, what scams, if any should I be aware of, What sort of questions should I be asking to see if she is legitimate and what is th eprocess of her residing in Australia permanently should our relatinship progress to marriage

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No. Its to early for that at the moment. I am just trying to get fully informed

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/2/2017
Solicitor: JenniferImmLaw, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
JenniferImmLaw

.

Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

one of the main legal issues is the requirements for a visa, which you can obtain from the border seceuity website.

where you are concerned about your assets, you can enter in to a financial agreement which clearly defines what assets are yours in respect to the new developing relationship. The financial agreement should be drafted by a lawyer, and take into account relevant aspects of the intended relations. This agreement if drafted correctly will protect your legal rights in respect to your assets.

have you considered this option ?