Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Is the act of suicide still considered to be unlawful?

Customer Question
Is the act of...

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not that I am aware. The young lady was found by her mother three weeks ago and was cremated two weeks ago and over and above all the questions asked after the event the local police are still questioning the Mother who had to fill in a four page statement once again.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I dont think so. This was the mother of a teenage girl (who is now alone with her grandparents). The Daughter who took her own life was in the Mental health system for want of another word..and I wonder if this is not police bullying. How long does this constant hounding go on? And if there was something peculiar, why were her parents allowed to cremate their daughter in the first place??

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/1/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

suicide is not a criminal offense per se.

suicide from bullying conduct is a known fact, and a tragedy for society.

the government has many programs available in the aid of protecting people.

does this answer your very important question ?

OK. I can't wait around all day though as even people as old as I have heaps to do. Just see your answer. No it was no help at all really...... The police are hounding the parents is my concern and everytime , they are forced to relive the worst day of their lives. Thank you for your time I have spent the money to ask and as I am on a pension this will be the end of our relationship.

would you like to raise a claim against the police ?

No I don't want to raise a complaint. I have paid $75 already. I am not able to pay the further $82 which you are now asking.
It is OK. Forget you met me. It was only a question on behalf of a grieving mother. Thanks anyway.

your situation is very important, and I have extended a special offer to talk to you on the telephone to make it easier for you if you prefer, the offer is displayed above.