Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Cyclone Debbie car damaged by driving over private drive…

Customer Question
Cyclone Debbie car damaged...

Cyclone Debbie car damaged by driving over private drive concrete subsided and car landed on gearbox and broke cogs inside

Lawyer's Assistant: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

Qld Bowen 4805' witness saw it happen it repairer said defiantly broken by trauma as cog broken on three parts shannons ins say wear and tear won't pay, no not spoken to attorney

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Want advice, should I take it to small claims and how do I do that

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/1/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

in your particular case as the driveway was private, you can bring a civil claim against that property owner.

have considered that option ?