Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I've got stolen all the money from my bank account through a…

Customer Question
I've got stolen all...

I've got stolen all the money from my bank account through a person who called the bank supposed to be me. This person changed the phone number linked to my net bank and I lost all the money. around 16.000$. This happened on the 18th of October when started the investigation. I have a company and I have to run my business. I'm losing clients, I have to plan a business trip and is really frustrating. The bank told me that in 21 days everything should be fixed up. Actually we are in December and every day they say me tomorrow will be done. may we do something?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NSW commonwealth bank

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I reported everything to the police and denounce everything.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

If there is the possibility to ask a compensation for the big delay!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/1/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Evening

Has this been reported to the police and has the bank given you any information about where the money went?

Fo you have any of the transactions?