Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

How can I find out what the Australian residency status of a…

Customer Question
How can I find...

How can I find out what the Australian residency status of a foreign person is?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

No this is abut Australian citizenship / residency status

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

NO

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

If they became a permanent resident of Australia when when did that happen?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/1/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

the main way is to review the visa status through the border security website, but you will need the persons details.

do you have access to the persons information ?

only the name, address and nationality - lives > 50% of time in Germany

you will also need the passport number to check

do you have that detail or can you obtain it ?