Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have an ongoing dispute with telstra whom i believe placed…

Customer Question
I have an ongoing...

I have an ongoing dispute with telstra whom i believe placed me on a contract before they gave me detailed info and even though they advised me that i had a 10 day " cooling off period to reinstate my previous phone are demanding $220 early termination fee.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have no written acknowledgement of the dispute but have been dealing with Telstra complaints manager called Steve who advised me on tuesday afternoon that they finally would agree to reinstate my previous plan. he would give the details on Wednesday, they didn't phoned them yesterday afternoon.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I believe that Telstra is stalling in the hope i will go away.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/1/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

there may be possible misleading conduct by the seller.

where you given any form of terms and conditions over the phone, email or by mail ?

initially the situation arose as the result of a call from a telstra employee seeking transfer of what i believed from the confusing takl related to my phone (landline & NBN). I finished the conversation by saying Send me the details and i will consider their proposal. I receiived the detailed info about three weekks later and dscvered the they had allready transfered my acounts. After being told in the 1st phone call that i would have a 10 day cooling off period. I asked them as i believed i had this cooling off period to reinstate my 2 mobile phoned to their former plans.

I recommend that you now draft a formal complaint and issue that to the telstra dispute resolution department.

do you need help with this ?