Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My 18 year old grandaughter has been charged with

Customer Question
My 18 year old...

My 18 year old grandaughter has been charged with shoplifting, she won't let me tell her parents and I'm at a loss what to advise her. She suffers from Bipolar and serious depression. Her hearing is on the 15th December. What action

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I live in Victoria, she lives in Gympie Queensland,

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

As far as I know I'm sure it must have been, as she has been charged and has to go to court in the 15th December

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She has selfharmed in the past, so I'm terribly worried, also she's too scare to tell her parents and does not live at home

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/1/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

Did she do it because of the depression and bi polar?

Is she being treated by a dr?

Is this her first offence?

If you wish to discuss this on the phone it may be easier but it will cost you a further fee.

to all these questions. How much is the extra fee?

I think it is a further $82.00

when you elect the call it tells you

I will assume she cannot afford a solicitor?