Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I signed up with Belong NBN Internet service almost 2 years…

Customer Question
I signed up with...

I signed up with Belong NBN Internet service almost 2 years ago, at the beginning I confess I had some service issues with them but they were eventually sorted out. today I looked at m bank account statement and noticed they have taken out 3 payments of $65 which is my monthly payment to them for the servce I tried to call at 7am this morning (Im in Mebourne Vic) and was advised that the wait time was up to 30mins. I had the opportunity to get a call back sometime today. I havent received the call back yet. Can they do that simply because they forgot to withdraw the previous two months? What gives them the right to assum I would have enough money in my account to support that amount. Im furious and now that I have looked at the reviews on this company, I am appalled that they are even allowed to be still operating.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet as I havent received their call yet. I contacted my Bank to cancel the payments and I was told that the transaction will have to take place and once it does I call the Bank again and they will carry out an investigation?? The call centre is in the Phillipines?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I cant think of anything just at the minute

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
12/1/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

have you made a formal written complaint yet to the supplier ?