Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I took out a interest free payment for a camera through

Customer Question
Hi. my name is*****...

Hi. my name is***** took out a interest free payment for a camera through Joice Main, I have done this before on other items and other shops, but this was the first time I received a credit card as my payment plan, if I was made aware of this I would not have done it, but I made a mistake in paying a payment to my normal credit card of $1400, by mistake I payed it to their credit card, when I realized what I had done I contacted them and told them of my mistake and could they just transfer it over to where it was meant to go, this they did for me, but after that my interest free card then started to charge me interest on that $1400 as they took it as cash advance, I have tried to contact them on several occasions only to be left hanging on the phone for ages, after that I would just hang up, the first time I spoke to them I told him what had happened and he put me on hold, again for ages, after that I asked to be put through to Australia office and every time they just refused, I would like to make a complaint firstly about not being told I would get a credit card, something I would not have done if I was made aware of it, secondly I have not been able to talk to a person to was able to firstly help me but also refused to put me through to someone who could, do you know how I can fix this matter, I have set up an automatic payment for my camera so I have never been late with a payment and pay more than I have to, do you know of a phone number here in Australia that I can call. kind Regards Geoff.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

Queensland, back in around the middle of the year

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

No, because I thought I would have to go through Go Card, but I would have to go back to the place of purchase wouldn't I?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/30/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.