Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

What is the process for trying to important and African Grey…

Customer Question
What is the process...

What is the process for trying to important and African Grey into the Country? This Bird is VERY important to my partner. As it stands, he lives in Lebanon but has dual citizenship here in Australia. As I am sure you are aware, the political situation over there is deteriorating rapidly. Suffice to say there will likely be a war. I'm willing do whatever it takes to allow this bird in.

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

No I don't think so.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that is it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/30/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

Thank you

you first step is to review the customs legislation to determine of the bird will be permitted.

you can review the details from here: https://www.border.gov.au/Busi/cargo-support-trade-and-goods/importing-goods/importing-animals

After you have determined the criteria, you next step is to make direct inquiries with border security directly.

does this answer your question

For now yes

would you like to discuss this matter further by telephone. I have extended a special offer to you ?

No thank you, ***** *****'t remember these as easily on the phone, least this way I can see and remember everything

totally understand

Were you pleased with my service today ?

I've registered and I can't see anything about African Grey's in the system. What are my options?

if they are not in the system you will not be permitted to important them.

unless your apply to the Australian government for an exemption, but this will require ministerial approval.

Guess that's my only option.I just realised I paid $80 for this and I'm only seeing a free trial in face now. Is there anything that can be done about that?

you can use the help menu to raise a question about your account if you wish ?

would you like to talk on the phone and consider other options about the bird ?

Again, a phone will not be necessary, if you have questions yourself you can ask me here. Where and how do I apply for an Exemption?

you need to send a letter to border security first.

raise a question about what you are trying to import and request if the bird can be classes as a endangered species.

What about calling? What is the format for sending a letter of this kind?

if you accept the phone offer I can call you.

the letter needs to be a formal format, preferably written by a lawyer so the issues are addressed

With all due respect, the phone call better be worth it.

once you accept the offer, I will call you on your number.

Say's I'm getting an payment error. I suspect I'm out of money.

you will need to use a credit card for this process.

I don't have one on me right now...

that's of, when you do, you can follow up.

That's literally all I have.
Fine

understand.

Thank you.

you are welcome

How long will this correspondence last?

permanently

Okay thank you. I mean no disrespect but I'm in a tough situation right now, will I be able refund and apply for the free trial? What reason should I use and what would happen?

you can make that request from your help menu that is on your screen.

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor