Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am truly scared. I’ve just been caught shoplifting. This…

Customer Question
I am truly scared...

I am truly scared. I’ve just been caught shoplifting. This is my second offence for shop lifting. The last one was five years ago. At the time I was in a domestic violence marriage and had a new born. I got off with good behaviour and I truly thought I would never do something like that again. Six months ago a

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Qld. Sorry I hadn’t finished. Six months ago I started struggling with depression again and have been seeking help. I have everything to live for including two small children six and two and a loving husband. I’m a different person now but my bad habit has returned and I feel sick to my stomach about it and I’m worried by job which is working with children. I need help.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No it only happened today. I can’t stop crying

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I will contact a lawyer.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
Will I loose my job? Will I have to go to jail? What will happen to my children? I don’t know what to do?
11/30/2017
Solicitor: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago
Nisha Jones

Hi, I'm a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'm reviewing your question and will reply in a moment.

Solicitor: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Give me just a few minutes to finish typing up some information for you.

Solicitor: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

I'm sorry, your question was miscategorized into the US criminal law section, I'll flag it to be transferred to the Australia law section. Sit tight and an attorney should be assisting you shortly.

Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Solicitor
Hello, relax, at worst you will receive a conviction and bond. At best, ***** ***** and a warning.
When it is back in court, provide evidence that you are seeking assistance about your depression and explain what is happening with you. The court will take that into account.Do not be concerned.Please click accept and rate my service (with the stars). I am able to answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.