Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We have had a solar system installed, after lengthy delays,

Customer Question
We have had a...

We have had a solar system installed, after lengthy delays, within less than 3 months the system has burnt out.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes photos have been sent to the company along with an email from the electrician who attended to isolate the system. This was approx 3 weeks ago and despite numerous calls the the company no one has come to inspect the system or arrange for it to be repaired or replaced

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We are just wanting to know where we stand

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/30/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

you will be able to raise a claim on the contract warranty.

where the seller fails to respond to requests, you can sue them for breach of contract under warranties that applied,

do you still have a copy of the contract ?