Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have an internet service with TPG and have been paying…

Customer Question
I have an internet...

I have an internet service with TPG and have been paying $59.95 per month but am not happy with the speed of the internet. I have phoned at least 6 occassions and have complained about the internet speed. We have done lots of troubleshooting and still to date nothing has changed. I have explained to the TPG technical team that this has caused allot of conflict between my son & daughter as we are not able to all use the internet service due to its speed. My contract is due to expire in July, 2018 but do not wish to wait until then. Whats the best way of going about this issue> Thanks, Maria

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/30/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today

in your contract you will have an early payout clause.

just find that provision in the contract and reference that point when you call to do the early cancellation of the contract.

do you have a copy of the contract ?

I do...

ok, thats good.

so review the termination provision and tell me what it says ?

I cannot locate the termination provision, I only have Customer Service Guarantee Waiver , but says nothing about termination...I will phone to ask them to email me the contract..?

yes this is a good way.

Would you like to discuss this matter on the telephone ? I have extended a special offer to you if you prefer.

I am currently on hold to tpg to obtain my contract first
How much does your service cost?

ok

Have just realised Im not going to finish this as we are due to go out, can I recommence this conversation tomorrow? Can you please advise the costs associated to this? I have never used this service... thanks

you can view your charges in your account area

where is that?
is this costing me $$ each minute??

no, you can chat as long as you want in this forum with no further charge.

have i answered your questions today ?

Is this charge $5 and once I have obtained all relevant documentation, can I continue asking further questions tomorrow?

yes, i have extended a special offer to you to talk on the telephone

just accept the offer and you can see my numbers and we can talk on the phone tomorrow

can you please advise with regards ***** ***** $5 charge, because I am unable to obtain the information in time, am I able to continue asking further questions tomorrow, free of charge?

yes you can.

Ok many thanks, ***** ***** collect all the information, then msg back, how do I re-connect again?

just come back to the same website, or select the offer, and you will see my numbers to call on if you prefer

ok many thanks John. do I need to quote a Ref # to start again?

ok thankyou.

you are welcome.