Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Is it telstra's job to provide cable from the pit to my

Customer Question
Is it telstra's job...

Is it telstra's job to provide cable from the pit to my house? i have been trying for 3 weeks to connect phone i just moved and part of the cable is missing and being told i have to get a contractor to fix it before can be connected?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NSW i moved 2 mins from old place now have no phone no internet using my mobile to run my computer for my business

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes i lodged a complaint 2 weeks ago changed from telstra to Dodo and so it goes all over again

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Was told could keep the same number and have phone in business name now dodo say no i cant as dont do business i said its a home office now costing $$$ in data slow speed reprint my dockets etc etc

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/30/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

what is the agreement that you had with telstra to lay the cable ?

I just wanted phone and internet connected the house had a phone previously but now part of the cable (from pole to pit) is missing and they want me to arrange a contractor and pay for it arent they suppose to supply service so i can connect and you just cant get anyone to start digging and doing stuff with cables have to have a job order from telstra so i am now being bounced around by telstra and dodo

from the pit to house, this is not telstra job unless it is under contract with them.

is this a newly built property ?