Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Can you tell me if you have had any problems with Impact…

Customer Question
Can you tell me...

Can you tell me if you have had any problems with Impact Energy spear emergy installation

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Like most of them they are Chinese manufacturer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just wanted to know if you have had any complaints registered against them before we agree to purchase

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/30/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

Can you please be more specific with your question?

we are looking to purchase solar panels and inverter from a company called Nationwide Solar and was just checking to see if they had a bad record with consumer affairs
No I cant afford another $82 for a phone call at this stage
can you help me with this I thought consumer affairs would have a list of dodgy companies

Good Afternoon

This is not consumer affairs

We are solicitors and give you information

Give me a few minutes and I will check a few things

well I am confused I went to the consumer affairs Brisbane Qld site and I told them I was checking on a company and they said they would get it checked out by a solicitor which would cos me $5 which I paid and then I got the message that someone was checking it out and it was gong to cost me another $60.00 dollars so I think I may have got the wrong place and been charged in error I just wanted to check to see if this company had a good or bad reputation
Can I ge a refund please as this has been no help to me at all

I have checked the complaints register of NSW and there is nothing there

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/ftw/About_us/Online_services/Complaints_Register.page

The Energy ombudsman does not publish the complaints they get.

The company appears not to have complaints and on their website they have good reviews.

http://www.ewoq.com.au/how-we-can-help/

What you have to be wary of is the panels and inverter who makes them.

It is an industry where substandard parts are sourced and that is why they are cheap.

Ask them for the manufacturer of their parts and if they have offices in Australia. If not then you have ot understand that it may be difficult getting parts and repairs done.

You are best to make sure they are german or japanese parts rather than unknown chinese suppliers. You have protection under the law but if you have to sue to get your money it will cost you.

Make sure the parts are from reputable companies. They may be more expensive but worth it in the long run.

Here is consumer affairs QLD

https://www.qld.gov.au/law/your-rights/consumer-rights-complaints-and-scams/make-a-consumer-complaint

Let me know if you still wish a refund after you have read the above and I will arrange it.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards