Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I would like to take a man to ocurt for defamation. He has…

Customer Question
Hi. I would like to...
Hi. I would like to take a man to ocurt for defamation. He has called me a paedophile. What forms do I need? I live in Dalby, Queensland
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/30/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Morning

If he has said that to third parties and it is false then you have an action.

If he said that to you alone and there was noone else present you cannot claim defamation.

Defamation is an action where your reputation is affected and others deal with you negatively.

So you need to have the persons that have been told the lies ot come forward and give evidence of what they were told and also show how this has affected you and you have suffered loss.

The action should be started in the District court if your claim is over $100,000.00

You should contact the law society of QLD and get a referral

Here is some information and Shine lawyers may act on a no win no fee basis

https://www.shine.com.au/service/defamation-law/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlYPZj5jl1wIVhiu9Ch2hGgKjEAAYASAAEgLkAfD_BwE

Happy to talk on the phone if you wish.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards