Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I'm looking for forms to initiate defamation proceedings…

Customer Question
Hi I'm looking for...

Hi I'm looking for forms to initiate defamation proceedings against someone I kow know*

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state you're in?

Queensland. in dalby precisely

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Know. I would like to take him to court

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well I just need forms

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/30/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

to commence proceedings you will need to file a statement of claim in the Magistrates Court.

have you prepared a list of points yet ?

no. do I just need a claim and statement of claim? form 16 and 8?

you get this directly from the court website.

have you tried that ? Select or search forms on the court website and it will come up.

I don't want to call. I just need a straight up answer.

sure, understand.

the answer is in my above post.

but if you need additional help I have extended a special offer to you if you prefer.

The claim if defamation needs to meet the elements of defamation to avoid a costs order going against you if proceedings are raised.