Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am self employed in window covering industry and i have a…

Customer Question
I am self employed...

I am self employed in window covering industry and i have a contract with another company yesterday i was told to go my own way due to some rumors and the owner did not want to talk to me to work it out. is there something i can do? i have spent over 10.000 dollars setting up my company because i had contract with him and constant work to get started.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/29/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good morning

What does the contract say?

Had they accepted the quotation and apart form the cost of setting up the company have you spend money to get supplies to start the work?

the setup cost was a on going cost of tools and hardware to do job to there specifications over last two months

You can rely on them and you can sue in QCAT

You can sue him for the costs you have incurred and the losses with him breaching the contract.

You gave to put together everything to show the agreement and then sue based on his refusial to allow you to enter and finish

http://www.qcat.qld.gov.au/matter-types/consumer-and-trader-disputes

The more you have the better

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards