Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I want to appeal a non-compete judgement. Who are

Customer Question
I want to appeal...

I want to appeal a non-compete judgement. Who are specialists in this field?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

WA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We have a judgement but no orders yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Summary: I built the company up over 12 years. I became a 40% shareholder, and was then pushed out. I resigned, and was then injuncted not to work. 12 months later, judge decided the non compete was ok for 12 months. She also decided that my dividends over 3 years was a loan. I have a lot of grounds to appeal but cant afford it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/29/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

what was the restriction that applied under the contract ?

area was perth and melbourne. cant work or do anything similar etc. It was agreed in trial there was no confidential information, and the only thing to protect was goodwill (however i was a 40% shareholder) i wanted to protect goodwill also

what industry ?

as the restraint issued is extremely broad covering two States.

I am a registered architect and builder. The company was an interior fitout company

your situation seems to have an excessive restraint placed on you.

did you have solicitors acting for you at the trial ?

Would you like to discuss this matter on the telephone ? I have extended a special offer to you if you prefer.

I had solictors yes, but now cant afford them for the appeal

based on your situation I consider the restrain is to broad, but this will be subject to the contract, and on what grounds the appeal could be raised.

would you like to talk about it on the phone ?

Bit late now, maybe tomorrow.
I just need direction to a lawyer with non compete wins

you are welcome to call me tomorrow as you require and we can work out then the most appropriate direction to go if you prefer?

can do, let me know your contact details

just accept the offer above and my numbers will display.

How much was this chat charged?

I am not sure as you select that when you start and I have no access to those details I am sorry.

Sorry as i received no information so far i would like a refund as it says on your website

you are welcome to a refund. just use the help menu on your screen.

I would like to assist in your important matter, but do require more details on your contract and order from the court that was issued to provide sufficient advice for considering an appeal.

I welcome you to continue chatting in this forum if you prefer ?