Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I rented a hire car through Europcar Melbourne airport in…

Customer Question
I rented a hire car...
I rented a hire car through Europcar Melbourne airport in August. At the counter I signed a contract for a red RAV4 with side damage. The car was not ready, so we waited for 20 minutes. They handed me the envelope with the keys. The car was not in the bay that was listed on the envelope. We walked around for ages looking, we then went back to the office, they said it was definitely there, we walked around for a while again. I found a Europcar attendant, they said theres your car, it was a Red Mitsubishi Outlander, they said its not a RAV4, I checked and there was damage to the right hand side. Off we went.
Now you might be now thinking...am i stupid or something. We had driven 2.5 hrs to the airport, waiting 1 hour, then a 2.5 hour flight with 2 disabled foster children.....Drove off with the car, came to drop the car back, the attendant pulls out the contract that says "no damage". I couldnt believe it. They said dont worry we will sort it out.
I rang them the next day, they said everything was fine. I then checked my credit card 1 month later and found a charge for $2500 from Europcar. No letter, the letter arrived several days later. I contacted my bank, they investigated and the charge was sent back to the merchant.
I then recieved a letter of demand from Dun & Bradstreet. I filed a dispute with them, I phoned them and they just told me that Europcar has demanded payment. I asked for Europcar to send the signed rental agreement, Europcar is refusing to reply to any emails.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/29/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

I rented a hire car through Europcar Melbourne airport in August. At the counter I signed a contract for a red RAV4 with side damage. The car was not ready, so we waited for 20 minutes. They handed me the envelope with the keys. The car was not in the bay that was listed on the envelope. We walkedaround for ages looking, we then went back to the office, they said it was definitely there, we walked around for a while again. I found a Europcar attendant, they said theres your car, it was a Red Mitsubishi Outlander, they said its not a RAV4, I checked and there was damage to the right hand side. Off we went.

ok, this is where you need, to engage a lawyer to draft a reply back in order to resolve the dispute.

have you put anything back in writing to the company yet ?

Is that all I get for $81

i just need to ask some questions to determine your position.

I have and they refuse to reply and have now sent it through to Dun & Bradstreet

can you upload a copy of what you sent ?