Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I hired a rental car, I signed a contract at the counter for…

Customer Question
I hired a rental...

I hired a rental car, I signed a contract at the counter for a Red RAV4 with right hand side damage. I had to wait 15 minutes for the car. They then gave me the envelope with the keys. I went to the number bay and there was no car. I went back to the office twice. They finally said there is your car. I checked it had damage to the right hand side. When I went to return it they handed me a contract that was not signed, it had no damage. They charged my credit card $2500...i signed for a red RAv4 but they gave me a red mitsubishi outlander.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

I rented the car in VIC through Europcar

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Its a hire car

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The bank reversed the charge, but now they have sent it through to Dun & Bradstreet

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/29/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Evening

Did you not complete a report and sign it to show that the car had damage?

Had you signed the contract when you took the car?

Do you have a copy of what you signed?

You have opened another post.

Do you wish to close that one and continue here?