Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have lost the original of a trust deed in queensland. I am…

Customer Question
I have lost the...

I have lost the original of a trust deed in queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am queensland resident

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No , I have a copy but not a certified copy

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/29/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

is the trust operating business or holding assets ?

was the trust deed prepared by a law firm.

if it was prepared by a law firm they will hold a copy of the original.

have you contacted the law firm that drafted the trust deed ?

I have not contacted the law office as not sure name now as it was 25 years ago

ok.

we this is the first step that needs to be done, before a resolution is passed to implement a new trust deed.

you can replace the trustee deed, but the ABN and other details must remain the same.

Would you like to discuss this matter on the telephone ? I have extended a special offer to you if you prefer.