Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My son has been assaulted twice by the same boy at school…

Customer Question
My son has been...

My son has been assaulted twice by the same boy at school once resulted in brokem teeth and split lip and the second resulted in a severe concussion. The school refuses to deal with the boy and says they were both accidental despite not getting my sons side of the story. What action can we take to ensure the safety of our son at school. this is a Catholic private school and we may need to find him somehwere else if he isnt safe

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Only the reports from the hospital and emails from us to the school stating that we do not agree that these are accidents. Both times the GP has expresed concern about the types of injuries

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He did pass out and alerted the nurse to the fact. One staff member commented to him that he wasnt really hurt, when he arrived at the GP he had clear sighns of concussion and was taken to emergency where he stayed for the evening and was discharged with a plan for recovery. He has not been back at school since Friday last week.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/29/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 6 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

Has it been reported to the police by you?