Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I'd like to know where I can find a mediator to help me. My…

Customer Question
Hi I'd like to...

Hi I'd like to know where I can find a mediator to help me. My daughter died 12 years ago and my husband and I had the children stay every weekend until April. Now that he ha remarried we know longer see the children as often and I have to continuously ask to see them. I would like a mediator to assist me with this. Thanks for your help.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

NSW

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes, I have and they said Grandparents have rights. I can get a court order but I would rather try mediation before I go down that track.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I think that's about it in a nut shell

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/29/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

there are numerous family mediators that can be used, and the best approach to is to google for one in your local residential area, the alternative is to use the assistance of a lawyer.

have you tried this option.

Thanks, ***** ***** have. I am in Sydney so a Melbourne loyal is not what I'm looking for. Thanks for your help

have I answered your important question today ?