Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am being taken through the court process by a law firm who…

Customer Question
I am being taken...

I am being taken through the court process by a law firm who represent a car rental company who have nominated me as the driver of a car crash in which I was not the driver I have spoken to her and she was unwilling to believe me but now when I asked who was the driver she suspects that the client may have got their dates wrong this is a very stressful situation thanks Judith

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

This vic the car was newish

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have court documents that state the crash ocured on feb 15 2016 i was not driving on this day but the next day when a minor inicent ocured where there was no damage to either veichle

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They are demanding that I FILL IN A SOE DOCUMENT TO COVER THE COSTS of someone elses damage

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/29/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

you can defend this action if you are able to alibi your time that has been raised in question in regard to the vehicle time usage.

can you do this ?

I am able to do this I have statements from my self and two others that will verify that I WAS not driving at all on the day in queetion 15 feb 2016 as I was recovering from day surgury a week earlier and advised not to drive for a few days between 4-7
I did not drive till the 16 of feb the day after the alledged crash

this is good.

then you can defend the action.

the next step is to prepare a response back to the lawyer

do you need help with this point ?

I do as i have spoken to her but have not received a satisfactory response do I need to talk to a senior member of her firm

you need to put your reply in writing.

Would you like to discuss this matter on the telephone ? I have extended a special offer to you if you prefer.

will i get a phone call or will you respond to typed messages
there is to be a new court case date to be set in ringwood magistrates court probably dec 2017 in order to clear my name

numbers are displayed.

thankyou i will call one of the nunbers is this right

yes

.