Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Deborah, we bought a block of land at Catherine Hill Bay new…

Customer Question
Hi, Deborah, we bought...

Hi, Deborah, we bought a block of land at Catherine Hill Bay new development area. We about to start building the house. We received a bill from Solo Water despite we did not signed any contract or using any services yet. My question is if sending a bill by Solo Water without contract or/and services usage is justified and i am obliged to pay it? Thanks, ***** *****

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

My apologies. NSW, Catherine Hill Bay, new development area

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I am not sure i understand the question. We did not sign any contracts and did not ask to provide any services yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's it. Thanks.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/29/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

is the bill for services such as connection.

it is standard that once a water main is connected to a property that service charges (not usage) are invoiced to the owner of the lot.

do you have a copy of the invoice that you can upload ?

Thanks, ***** ***** good then. I will proceed with payment. Regards, Alex

you are most welcome

You can come back to this post any time to ask questions and there will be no further charges to you.

Don't for get to rate me for 5 stars as this will allow me to continue to answer your important questions.