Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I was in a hail storm in March 17, Reported to Woolworths…

Customer Question
I was in a...

I was in a hail storm in March 17, Reported to Woolworths insurance. I had 3 quotes. one for $6800, the other two approx $10,000. Woolworths insisted I use the cheapest quote, but since the car is expensive, I was told the cheapest quote wasn't fixing it properly.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

NSW. 8 years old

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes. Reported immediately to woolworths insurance

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Woolworths want to pay me out $6,800, and I planned on getting it fixed properly, however, now I understand I may not be able to get comprehensive insurance again on the car. Woolworths Insurance didn't tell me this at the time although I asked that if I get it fixed and there is another hail storm, then they wouldn't believe I had it fixed. Woolworths told me that they can tell by the photos anfd it wasn't an issue

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/28/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 8 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Morning

Did they get the car assessed?

It is not common that you provide quotes to the insurance company.

Have Woolworths cancelled the policy?

Have you read the product disclosure statement.

It may be easier to discuss this on the phone. If you would like to do so I can extend an offer to you if you prefer.