Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I signed up with Alinta Energy as my electricity provider, I…

Customer Question
I signed up with...

I signed up with Alinta Energy as my electricity provider, I gave the agent my pension concession and it has not be applied to my bill. My friend has had the same problem, I phoned Alinta and they told me I had to pay the bill without concession. I have registered my details but there is no where to enter my concession details, I have tried to contact Alinta by phone with no avail. I don't trust them.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Gold Coast, Queensland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

To Who? I can't contact Alinta

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The agent said It would be deducted next month, why should I have to pay in full this month when it was not my mistake

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Ok

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/28/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

what you can do is issue a formal complaint in writing to their dispute resolutions department.

have you considered this option ?

No I haven't. How do I do that

make the list of points first

then you can use those points to write the complaint.

Where do I find this department, do I contact their head office

yes, just call the head office, and get the dispute resolution email address, and send it.

I have extended a special offer to you talk on the telephone if prefer ?

No thanks, ***** ***** hearing impaired and have trouble hearing on mobile

understand,

you can chat in this forum as long as you require.