Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I'm at Perth, Not now..... But I got the fine on not

Customer Question
Hello Pearl... Lawyer's Assistant:...

Hello Pearl...

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I'm at Perth

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not now..... But I got the fine on not displaying the

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Parking fees... Actual I have displayed but wind might turn the paper up side down..

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/28/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Afternoon

So you are saying it was there but they could not see it?

it was their infront of dest... But I found out it was upside down bown by wind.... My question is do I still need to pay... The fine. I have parking ticket n fine receipt too.

What do you mean of dest...

If you have the ticket and it shows that during the time of the fine you had paid, you send a letter and a copy of the ticket to the bureau and advise you had paid and for the infringement to be waived.

You explain what had happened and make the request that they withdraw the fine.

It is your responsibility to make sure it is properly displayed before you leave the car but you can seek they withdraw ti with an explanation.

If they refuse then you elect to have the court decide. Do not lose the original ticket you will need it if they refuse to withdraw.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards