Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

What do i do if my ex has not declared all assets and income…

Customer Question
Hi what do i...

Hi what do i do if my ex has not declared all assets and income his lawyer wants me to sign asap but i don't think i should based on inaccuracies

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Old

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Many months ago i just received this, yesterday

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How much is this going to cost me i am a single mum of 5 kids

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Oh ok not sure then as i cant get legal aid never mind

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/28/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

you should not sign any agreement, if if the total assets have not been disclosed.

Have you been presented a asset summary list yet ?

i have and there is a lot of undervalued assets legal aid cant help me as pool is too big how long do i have to respond to it as it doesn't state only other than asap

firstly you need to issue notice that you will not sign the agreement.

do you need help with doing that ?

look i cant afford this and i am time poor for chat do i just email them back i haven't received a letter just email
i cant afford this i am worried how much this is going to cost me just to speak to you

what you like to talk on the phone, I have extended a special offer and I will talk though on the phone what you can do to make it quicker and easier for you ?

how much is that seriously i have only $100 in bank and i cant believe i am doing this i cant afford it as it is

you are entitled to a proper settlement financially and you should not let your partner take what is also yours away.

the key point for your is to get the information to help.

we can chat here if you want, but as you have limited time, talking on the phone will be quicker and the reason i extended a special offer to you if you prefer ?