Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I received a speeding ticket for exceed speed limit by

Customer Question
Hi there, I...

Hi there, I received a speeding ticket for exceed speed limit by 41km/h and over, alleged speed 171km/h.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Will it be a criminal offence because i look online that speeding 41km/h and over is consider hoon driving, will i get a criminal record

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

In perth Western Australia

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Right now i have only received the fine, after i pay for the fine it will confirm that i was the driver

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/27/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 8 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Morning

This is a traffic matter and it will appear on your traffic record not your criminal record. They are separate records but this is serious.

They are treated the same way because they are serious and they can result in a jail term.

Here is some information for you.

https://www.criminallegal.com.au/wa/criminallawinfo/criminal-records-in-western-australia.html

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards