Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I was issued with a speeding fine but the date the police…

Customer Question
I was issued with...

I was issued with a speeding fine but the date the police put down for the date of offence was 13/11/2017 when the actual date was 13/10/2017 I have since received an amended 'on the spot' fine... is this something the police can do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Victoria

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

Not unless I dont pay it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/27/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

yes, where there is a technical error an amended find can be issued.

if you are not in agreement with the amended fine you can appeal the decision if you choose.

would you like to appeal the decision ?

no that is fine... I was surprised there was a replacement fine.. didnt think that was something they could do..
thanks for your response

did I answer your question today ?