Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Paid 23,000 car in Victoria car yard no cooling off period…

Customer Question
Hi paid 23,000 car...

Hi paid 23,000 car in Victoria car yard no cooling off period denied cancellation 1 day later . Had car delivered apron inspection found compliance plate belonging to another car non disclosure . Victoria fair trading informed me he has breached sect 29 motor act non disclosure also a question regarding fraud on I'd plate . What solicitor do I use I live in Nsw blactown area

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Car is made in 1963 I'm in Nsw purchased in Victoria fair trading want to pursue this fellow

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Fair trading asked me to furnish a letter of demand with the findings he needs to respond in 10 days then lodge in court if there is andispute I'd like to take it further as in my eyes he has discussed this car deceitfully

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I seek my money back as it was sold to me fraugently . Plus have all text communications he has lied on many counts and discussed the condition he's a motor cycle yard sold commercially to me

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/27/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

You have followed the correct steps. Well done.

What you need to do is appoint a lawyer in Melbourne to issue the demand as you noted, and if payment is not received, then to commence proceedings in the Magistrates Court.

What would you like to do next ?

Can I appoint a solicitor Nsw send on my behalf

yes you can, but it is possible that the car dealer will refer the proceedings back into the Victorian Courts.

Your situation can go either way.

Just be prepared.

All good I'll appoint dribbon and brown lawyers in Victoria thanks

ok.

Have I answered your important question to day ?