Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Qd, Yesterday we had an AGM a group of people attended the…

Customer Question
My name is*****: What...

My name is*****: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Qd

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yesterday we had an AGM a group of people attended the meeting with intent to cause trouble. 3 people rushed my son to fight him and there was a scuffle.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Sorry i hit enter too fast. My son went into the Mareeba Police Station this morning and the Police were not too friendly. He intended to put all 3 on an assault charge and to place dvos. there attack is not new but yesterday it got physical. they did not want to know and it seems that if the police take statements from the first group other than the one assaulted they seem to take the side of first in first serve. what do we do

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/27/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

thank you
If the police are reluctant to take a statement from you what do you do?

would you like to file for an AVO with out police ?