Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I just received my Telstra Mobile bill that is now suddenly…

Customer Question
Hi I just received...

Hi I just received my Telstra Mobile bill that is now suddenly $12.75 higher than my normal bill. When I questioned it, it appears my plan had expired and therefore I lost my 25% discount I get for having a plan with Telstra as part of an Amway Agent. So we renewed onto a new plan, signed up for another 12 months and all bills from now on will have the 25% discount.

Lawyer's Assistant: After your first paid question, we offer a week's free trial membership when you can ask as many questions as you like. Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Oops I didn't mean to send that yet. So anyway my question is Telstra said they could not adjust the current bill, but my question is why was I not notified my plan was about to expire and I was about to loose my 25% discount! I get all sorts of offers and text from them you would think they could inform me of something as important as my plan expiring. I think it reasonable to expect them to inform me of this change? and now im stung and extra $12.25 through no fault of my own.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/27/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

have you written a formal complaint to the dispute resolutions department yet ?