Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My husband & I run a business & we have lodged a claim with…

Customer Question
Hello. my husband &...

Hello. my husband & I run a business & we have lodged a claim with QBE Insurance for the replacement of a remote control to a crane on a Semi Trailor. QBE want to only pay for the remote control but not for the safety checks that need to be done to ensure that all works correctly. I have even suggested a 50/50 settlement but they dont want to come to the party. What are my options.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the mobile home?

In Victoria and its a Crane on a Semi Trailor motor vehicle

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

What do you mean?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/27/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

the policy that you entered into will stipulate what is covered.

if the insurer is cutting short of the policy you can raise a claim in that basis.

do you have a copy of the policy ?