Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

What is the situation with pets in Units .There are 4 unit…

Customer Question
What is the situation...

What is the situation with pets in Units .There are 4 unit holders in the block . Two of us have pets. Ours is a Burmese cat who has never been outside and one of the other owners has a small dog who is very quiet. The two other owners, who don't live here, claim that we are not allowed to have pets. I understood that it is now illegal to restrict pets in units .

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

The property is in Wynnum in Brisbane on the bayside. 4178

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Do you mean in relation to their objections ? If this is what you mean then no.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't know what else

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/27/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

The body corporate can control the domestic animals in a complex.

If the bylaws are silent about pets, you are unrestricted to have a pet.

Do you have a copy of the bylaws ?