Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I LIVE IN A STRATA COMPLEX OF 32 UNITS, THE PROPERTY WAS…

Customer Question
I LIVE IN A...

I LIVE IN A STRATA COMPLEX OF 32 UNITS, THE PROPERTY WAS ORIGNALLY A MOTEL 30 YEARS AGO, EACH WAS SOLD.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

SORRY, PRESS THE WRONG BUTTON,

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

BOWRAL, THE BODY CORPORATE IS BEING CHARGED COMMERCIAL INSURANCE, THERE ARE 10 ON SITE RESDENCE AND THE OTHER UNITS ARE LEASED OUT BY VARIOUS AGENT AS SHORT TERM. MY QUESTION IS THE BODY CORPORATE MAKES NO INCOME FROM UNITS RENTED OUT SO WHY ARE WE CHARGED COMERCIAL INSURANCE?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/26/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

do you have a copy of the body corporate rules, as this will govern the matter in relation to the type of insurance that applies.

have you reviewed the insurance provision ?

No there are no Documents regarding this matter

ok. this is where the problem is occurring, as there is insufficient governing control of the unit members.

the next step for the unit members (holder/owners) is to call for a general meeting to hold a resolution to rectify the issue.

have you considered this step yet.