Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

K. I have a gas account from energy Australia. Account is…

Customer Question
I have a gas...

I have a gas account from energy Australia. Account is paid minus the usage, asw there was no usage.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, but I didn't finish my message. The preceding account was nearly $400.00 more than the same period last year with less usage, because I has air conditioning installed on 22 June 2017 and that was used for heating and not gas.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, the next account was for $84.04 of which $58.42 was paid and ;not the usage of $21.99 because I had cut the gas off. Energy Australia won't do anything about this discrepancy.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/26/2017
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 7 months ago
Leon, Solicitor

Hi, I am Leon, a NSW Solicitor. I will be assisting you with your question today. I may ask a few questions. I can call you for an extra fee.

Good Morning

Did you have the metre checked to make sure that the reading was correct?

What state are you in?

We are not the ombudsman but lawyers and this is not a free service. If you want the ombudsman I can give you their website but I need to know the state that you are in.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If you have found my answer to be helpful, please rate me five stars so I can get paid for my services to you. I am happy for you to ask further questions on anything you wish more detail on.

Regards

NSW
Why was my message directed to you and not the ombudsman?

This is not the ombudsman.

You have contacted solicitors.

Here is the link for the ombudsman.

https://www.ewon.com.au/

Be aware they will not talk to you and give you advise. You are required to lodge a formal complaint. Click on teh Male a Complaint Link on the right hand side.

Make sure you make it as detailed as you can and provide the evidence that you have so they can investigate. They will pass it onto the supplier and wait for their response.

There is no chat feature as we have.

I will request you get a refund here.

Regards

My apology for the typo

You click on the Make a Complaint link and lodge your complaint.

All the best and good luck

Regards

leon