Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Am an international student who wants to get married to a…

Customer Question
Hey I am an...

Hey I am an international student who wants to get married to a person in Australia. but, my partner is also an international student, his visa expires in march 2018. when is the best time we guys can get mafried so that he comes on my partner visa and how long it takes?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Nope not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Australia Law
11/26/2017
Solicitor: John Melis, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
John Melis, Lawyer

Dear customer, my name is***** solicitor in Melbourne, thank you for using Just Answer, I will assist with your question today.

this type of act you should do as soon as possible in respect to marriage, but it will be also subject to the visa's that are held.

we both are on student visa and my partner's visa expires in march 2018. So what do you suggest?

there are several options to consider, but depends on what both you want to do ?

we both want to get married and he doesn't want to be on his student visa anymore and wants to be on partner visa. Does he have to leave Australia? I just want to know how long it takes to get him on partner visa and is it possible before march 2018?

Ok, partner visa will take time to process and the requirements you need may not be met.

There are options.

I have extended a special offer to you to talk on the telephone if you prefer ?

ok if it takes time. another question is that will he be on bridging visa after we apply his spouse visa?

yes, once the application is and if it is done properly.

ok thankyou for your help I will get back to you if I have more queries.

did I answer your important questions today ?